Getting started is easy. To create New Jira CF, you need to open "External Data for Jira Cloud" in the main dashboard menu inside Jira. Here are the steps for this:
Go to the Manage apps.
Click on “External Data for Jira Cloud”/”Configure”:
To build a custom field you need to configure two parts:
1. Data Source: Jira database where your upload a list of values for your custom field.
2. Fields: name and settings your future field.
Let's take a closer look at each of the parts.
Click on "New Data Source" and enter the name of your future Data Source.
Select the type of Data Source (currently available is only Data Base type) and enter the additional field:
- Data source type: PostgreSql, MySQL, Oracle, MsSQL or Auto-detect;
- URL (only Auto-detect data source type);
- Hostname (for MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSql data source types);
- Port (for MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSql data source types);
- DB name (for MsSQL, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSql data source types);
- DB user (login to your DB);
- DB password (pass to your DB).
Click on “Connect” to verify the connection to your BD. After the successful upload you will see:
Click on "Save" to save the added data. New Data source is ready:
Then create New field. For this, click on "New Field" and enter the name of your future Field.
Then select the type of Field. Currently available only Custom Select List (Single Choice) type. Enter additional field:
- Project: select your project;
- JQL filter: your can leave the field blank or use it to find ids for the custom fields;
- Connection: select your DB (name of your DB created early in Data Source);
- Table: select table with data;
- Jira Field Item Name: the select field from your table;
- Jira Field Item Value: select value for your field from your table;
Click on the “Sync” button to verify the connection to your table.
After a successful connection you will see data in Selected items:
Click on "Save" to save the added data.
Go to any issue and open it. You will see your new field: